Through His Eyes

Happy 60th Independence day to all Ghanaians!
We thank God for His goodness and faithfulness towards our nation Ghana over the years despite our challenges, I believe that God has bought us far remarkably! It is my prayer that as a nation, we continue to progress and make great strides in our development. God is surely with us and we shall by all means achieve this and even more.
This morning the word “Challenges” came to mind, how are we overcoming the challenges that we are faced with? How do we look at them? With what standards do we evaluate our challenges as Christians?
“Therefore we do not despair, even if our physical body is wearing way, our inner body is being renewed day by day. For our momentary, light suffering is producing for us, an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison because we are not looking at what can be seen but what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal”- 2 Corinthians 4: 16-18
These words really ministered to me this morning and I began to wonder if I am truly handling my daily challenges with the right attitude. The bible declares that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, but we have to go beyond just saying these words to living and believing it every day. Now I chose to see the issues that face me as a challenge not a trial, in that way I motivated to overcome them because they are going to bring out the best in me, no matter how tough the circumstance may be.
We are humans and sometimes the challenges of life take a great toll on us whether we realize it or not. The standards of the world places a great amount of pressure on us, making us feel inadequate if we are not able to achieve certain statues in life. There is an intense focus on the physical outcome in life so in effect we find that matters begin to take a toll on us when it shouldn’t. We have to live a life with eternity in mind, always looking to heaven and less on the material things in life. Sometimes we are so consumed with gaining material things that are relationship with God falters and so when we are faced with issues, we don’t know how to handle them. We even lose those who we claim to love. Jesus said:
 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; I do not give it to you as the world does. Do not let your hearts be distressed or lacking in courage”.
John 14:27 (NET)
The peace that we are seeking for in the world, it is only in Jesus Christ that we can enjoy the full benefits of it. Lose yourself in the world and find yourself in Christ Jesus, He is the Way, the truth and life! Speak to your challenges and tell them that as Jesus overcame the world, you are also overcoming them. You see I have noticed from personal experiences, that when we are faced with challenges, we want to close up and shut the world out completely especially for those us who strong in the word and our relationship with God. It is the wrong time to shut down and be absorbed in ourselves. We have to continue to bless the name of the Lord and honour Him in all our ways. We have to continue to minister to people who need to hear the Word of God and most importantly experience His love. From experience I find that in my saddest moments, when a person needs to be ministered to, it lifts up my spirit deeply. I find joy in seeing a person’s spirit lifted and above all, more endeared to the power of His love and sacrifice. I have learnt that life does not revolve around me especially when I am faced with challenges. I have had to learn to forget about how I feel and focus more on the needs of others. Someone might be in need of great help and because I am focused on myself, I could brush them off or worse still, close my ears to what the Spirit of God is saying. We must strive every day to be selfless and die to the things of the flesh.
8 We are experiencing trouble on every side, but are not crushed; we are perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9 we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed, 10 always carrying around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our body.
2 Cor 4:8-10 (NET)
Your challenges are not greater than you, you will not die because of them and you don’t have to take your life due to the pressures of the trials. You see this verse is simply telling us that no matter how heavy the challenge is, we should not allow it drive us into the deepest states of depression. In life you will fall but you must consciously decide to arise and not be put down by your pain. We are testimonies of Christ’s death and resurrection. Challenges would allow work to make you stronger if not even wiser. I have had seasons in my life where it was only God that I could hold on to. I was deeply hurt by the challenges of life, I kept asking myself, why me? Why me? All I could do was to seek His word and fall into prayer. I always tell people around me that prayer is all I know, it is the only way I know how to face life every day! Now when I am faced with an issue, I ask myself what lesson does God wants me to learn from this. It is not easy to focus on the lessons in the challenge because you just want to keep allowing the pain and discouragement simply fill your heart. It is a conscious and daily effort to live a life of victory as Christians so that others are encouraged and inspired to arise to a new day feeling empowered.
I don’t know who you are, where you are but I want to you know that in the midst of your pain: JESUS CHRIST STILL SITS ON THE THRONE! He came to take away all your pains and sorrows, He is your greatest comforter and redeemer. Place all your trust in Him and leave in the treasures within this world behind. Commit yourself fully to Him and you will never ever regret it! You are simply beautiful in His sight, Jesus adores you and is absolutely crazy about you, more than you know. Wherever you are, share a word of prayer with me:
“Jesus, I know you came to die for me. Sweet Jesus, minister to my spirit right now and fill me with your love. I feel pain, hurt, anger, frustration but I know you still sit on throne in Heaven. Be the head in my life, take my heart, renew me and give the right spirit every day to love you and draw near to you. Forgive me and cleanse of my sins. Today I start a new journey with you, experiencing your love and comfort. Teach me every day to stay on the right path, Holy Spirit be a source of guidance and most importantly, be my best friend! This and many things I ask in your name, In Jesus name, Amen!!!

I do pray that you have blessed by this post; please share this with your friends and family so they can be blessed too. Please feel free to also leave your comments on this page or even email me: akua95ofori@gmail.com. God bless you all and have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I see the blood!

Familiarity, the blinding shield (Part 2)